|A guide to moving money between your AmTrust Direct e-Savings account or your Premium e-Money market account and your accounts at other financial institutions. |
How do I access the external transfer service?
- Go to AmTrustDirect.com and login directly from our homepage.
- Enter your User ID and Password and click "login" to access your online banking account.
- Click on the “Transfers Tab” or click the “Make a Transfer” quick link on the right side of the webpage.
- In the “Transfer From” dropdown selection, select the account you would like associated with this transfer.
Click on your e-Savings account (savings) or Premium e-Money Market account (checking) from the online banking homepage.
Note: The first time you login, your e-Savings account will appear as "savings" and your Premium e-Money Market account will appear as "Money Market checking". You have the option to nickname your account. See below for instructions on how to nickname your account.
- Click on the blue "e-Transfer" button.
How do I give my account a nickname?
Before you click the "external transfer" button, click on the "accounts" tab and choose the account you would like to Nickname. Click the "maintenance" button and fill in the Account Nickname field. Then, click the "submit changes" button.
Note: The nickname only applies when viewing account details and history. You will not see this nickname when making external transfers.
How do I set up linked external accounts for transfers?
All of your eligible AmTrust Direct and AmTrust Bank accounts will be set-up automatically for you and will appear on the Manage my external bank accounts screen.
Each time you want to add a linked external account from another financial institution, just follow these simple steps.
1. Click on the "Add new external account" button on the Manage my external bank accounts screen.
2. Tell us whether your external account is checking or savings, enter your 9-digit routing number and account number. You will also have the option to give your account a nickname.
3. We will verify your account by making two small trial deposits into your account. This can take up to 4 business days to complete. After you see the trial deposits in your account, you will confirm them at AmTrust Direct. Login to your online banking account at AmTrust Direct, click on the "external transfer" button and choose "Manage my external bank accounts". Click on the "Confirm" link next to that account. Then, enter the amount of the deposits and click "Submit".
How do I transfer funds to and from my AmTrust Direct e-Savings or Premium e-Money Market account?
- Click on the "Transfer Funds" button on the Manage my external bank accounts screen.
- You can choose to make a one-time transfer, or schedule a recurring transfer with our Smart Save-Up Plan between your e-Savings or e-Money Market account and your linked external account.
- Enter your transfer amount, select a "From" and "To" account, choose when you would like the transfer to occur and click "Submit".
Note: You can set-up your Smart Save-Up Plan recurring transfer frequency to occur weekly, bi-weekly, monthly, quarterly or annually.
Important information about external transfers:
- The minimum withdrawal amount is $50.00 per transaction.
- Total withdrawals may not exceed $100,000 per day and $2,500,000 per month.
- Transfers requested by 6:00 p.m. Eastern Time, will be processed the next business day.
- Transfer requests received after 6:00 p.m. Eastern Time, will be processed on the second business day after your request is submitted. Our business days are Monday through Friday, excluding federal holidays.
- May not exceed a total of six (6) transfers from your AmTrust Direct e-Savings or Premium e-Money Market account per statement cycle.
- At least one account must be your e-Savings or Premium e-Money Market account.
- Please note that all deposits made to your AmTrust Direct e-Savings or Premium e-Money Market account are subject to our standard account opening procedures (up to 5 calendar days) but will earn interest as of the date we receive the deposit if the account is opened..
How do I edit or delete a Smart Save-Up Plan recurring transfer?
Click on the "Transfer Details" button on the Manage my external bank accounts screen.
Edit a Smart Save-Up Plan recurring transfer.
Delete a Smart Save-Up Plan recurring transfer.
- Choose "edit" for the Future Scheduled Transfer that you would like to change.
- Edit your transfer information on the Transfer Funds screen and click "Submit".
- This process typically takes 2 to 4 business days to complete. You will receive an email confirmation once the edit is complete.
- Choose "delete" for the Future Scheduled Transfer that you would like to cancel.
- You will be required to confirm the deletion request, click the "Yes" button to confirm the deletion.
- Your transfer will be deleted immediately. You will also receive an email confirmation.